Monday, March 22, 2010

Feeling Really Pregnant...

So I'm on my way to 29 weeks and I'm feeling really pregnant. I went to the doctor yesterday for a quick checkup and my measurements and baby's heartbeat checked out good. I did my glucose tolerance test, which wasn't too bad at all, but then I had to get a ton of blood drawn for that test as well as an iron test and a clotting test. I was really tired yesterday after my visit from having so much blood taken...I slept so good and hard last night I told Tom I felt like I had taken a sleeping pill or something. Good sleep is hard to come by these days!

While I was at my appointment, I met with the ob nurse and she was talking to me about labor and how to tell if it is real or fake, as well as alot of other helpful information. After I left I was thinking..."Am I already to the point they feel the need to tell me about labor? Oh no, I am!" That made me a little nervous that the time will be here in a little over 11 weeks, or possibly sooner! I'm looking forward to our birthing class, which we will do at the beginning of May. Tom and I have also been talking about starting to come up with a birth plan, since there are certain things I really want and don't want (I really don't want to be induced unless it's a necessity, and Tom wants to be as involved as they will let him be). This appointment was my last monthly appointment and now I will now start going for checkups every 2 weeks, and then weekly starting at week 36.

I had my first Braxton Hicks contraction a few days ago, but haven't had one since. I am feeling Brayden twisting and turning in my belly rather than just kicking now which is a really neat feeling. I can sometimes even feel his arm sweep across my stomach. This week Brayden now weighs over 2.5 lbs. and is approx. 15 inches long!

Check out how big he is making my belly grow:




1 comment:

  1. oh my word... you are totally adorable! Isn't it just amazing to be part of the miracle of life? I miss that feeling so much! Cherish it.... I know you already are :)

    ReplyDelete