Thursday, April 8, 2010

30 weeks

I went to my 30 week checkup yesterday and Baby B's heartbeat and my measurements were "perfect" in the words of the doc. We were a little disappointed to find out they are not opening up the hospital for tours of the L&D unit because there is another wave of H1N1 going around. We've never been in Piedmont Hospital before, so we have no clue where to even go when the time arrives. My doctor assured me that when anyone in any part of the hospital sees a huffing and puffing pregnant woman walk in, they will be more than eager to direct us to where we need to go. So as long as we can make it anywhere inside the hospital, we're golden.

I've also recently started getting a million + one complete strangers in the grocery store/post office/ everywhere telling and asking me everything they can think of about my pregnancy. When are you due? Boy or girl? Do you have a name picked out? Are you excited? No, not at all. Of course I am! This was the number 1 confusing question when I was engaged. Of course I am excited to be getting married or else I wouldn't be! Really, you're 30 weeks? Your not that big. I mean...you're big. But not thaaat big. Uuummm...thank you? You need to eat up, you are eating for two. Actually, I only need 300 extra calories, so that's really a myth. These questions don't bother me because I love sharing my joy with other people, but it's when the complete strangers want to touch my belly that I get a little uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and friends touching and rubbing on my belly and waiting to feel Brayden kick, but it's hard for me to feel that same way about complete strangers wanting to touch my baby bump. Am I wrong here folks?

Here is a little factual info about what's going on with me this week:

Weeks: 30 weeks
Maternity clothes? Some shirts, but no maternity pants yet! The bella band rocks!
Sleep: Off and on...it's hard to find a good position, but I can usually get a few good hours before I have to wake up and go to the bathroom.
Best moment this week: Hearing Brayden's heartbeat at the doctor's office.
Movement: ALL THE TIME.
Food cravings: Still fruit...and Rigatoni D! (Creamy Chicken Marsala from Maggianos!)
Gender: sweet baby boy
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button in or out? Just barely out...
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach and back.
What I am looking forward to: Getting started on the nursery once we get in our new house in a few weeks. Nesting has kicked in!
Weekly Wisdom: Save money in the nursery by DIY projects! We are getting an old rocker from my sister and my grandmother is going to sew cushions to make it more comfortable.
Milestones: Getting into the 30's! Less than 10 weeks until D-Day! Also, preregistering at the hospital for the delivery!

2 comments:

  1. You are NOT on your own with not wanting strangers to touch your tummy... that is awkward... Especially when you're not even pregnant :) hahaha
    Better get used to advice and strange "tips" though... once that baby comes, you will have more advice than you can handle. The key is to find the balance between never assuming you know it all & trusting that YOU are this baby's Mommy for a reason and some of the time, you will know better than other people what this precious one needs :)
    You are going to be great parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same way! I was NOT at all crazy about complete strangers caressing my growing belly! I agree with Brittani- you are in the beginning stages of strangers with comments, questions, and/or advice on raising YOUR child!! Have fun! I can't wait to see you! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete